• I Was A Kid Connecticut project •
Thanks to some wonderful donors, new I Was a Kid profiles are on the way for FREE to Connecticut teachers.
The Connecticut Department of the Arts, Cigna, and the Connecticut Science Center have has funded a growing set of I Was A Kid profiles of Connecticut STEAM professionals.
• Kat Milligan-McClellan, University of Connecticut -- the first Iñupiaq Ph.D. in microbiology
• Tracy Romano, Mystic Aquarium's chief scientist
• Nurudeen Lucky Osumah, UConn Health Center resident in emergency medicine
• Robert Glaspy, director of the Connecticut Association of Paramedics and EMTs
On Their Way:
• Jessica Alicea-Planas, Fairfield University associate professor of nursing
• Sefra Alexander, the Seed Huntress
• Sahar Saleem, radiologist and mummy expert at the Barnum Museum
• Karen Romano Young, founder/director of IWAK
• and more!
As always, digital files will be available free and printed trading cards and posters at cost.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to partner, fund, or be profiled in this effort!